Ir al contenido principal


The vision

Entradas recientes

Kunludi3: restart from scratch

 Hi there. I'm rebuilding kunludi. It will remain a multilanguage collaborative interactive fiction engine, but I quit the efforts on the web layer to focus on the kernel. doesn't point anymore to a server, but only to this documentation and the repositories where the code remains. In the former versions of kunludi, the server was used to publish games and to allow play in collaborative mode: in that mode, the game run in the server and the clients simply use a proxy to the server. But I've changed my mind. In kunludi3, games will be run always in a host client, but the hosts will be able to share the game state by using a orchestator server, where others clients connect to play. So I shouldn't be very different for present clients: instead using a proxy agains the former server which run the game, clients will use a similar proxy to connect to a orchestrator server, which will have the game state from the game host, but server won't execute

Autum 2021

The collaborative feature has been temporarily disabled to spend time improving the kunludi engine, which now includes internal links in the texts, in the manner of twine or inkle. Finishing the game featuring the 2021 ectocomp jam: "Intruder" Roadmap: Improve the library to facilitate the writing of games. Re-enable the collaborative feature, to resume playing games in group, a kind of "escape room way", where each member can see the game in a different language or client (not only the current web client but also playing on Telegram).

Summer 2019 updates and plans

News: now runs under ubuntu 18.04 Moreover, framework vue.js was migrated to 2.x version Database migrated from rethinkDB to mongoDB Technical to-do list: https updated version of Telegram bot features for registered users: as private slots for online playing  collaborative mode using token-passing: one player plays and the others simply watch, although the token can be requested. (the current collaborative mode is "everyone plays") Games to-do list: : theme "Ruins" ectocomp 2019 jam: game " wild party "

Rewriting ludi using vue.js framework

Till now LUDI was developped from scratch in vanilla script as a concept test. The code complexity raised enough to decide using a JS framework to rebuilt it. Among the candidates I've read about Angular, React, Ember... till I've found out Vue . It seems to fit with my requeriments: low learning curve and easy readability and maintainability of code. So, here I am, rewriting the whole stuff from scratch. The roadmap is: Module "Ludi" (play in Esperanto): multilingual interactive fiction to play alone. Module "Kune"(together, in Esperanto): to interact with another users and play in "team mode": one leader takes decisions but the rest of the team can propose alternatives.

kunludi: multilingual interactive fiction a multilingual interactive fiction environment written in javascript and node.js We use here "ludi" as the local engine and "kunludi" as the message server (node.js). Current state: Server version where play online: Client version downloadable from Kernel languages: English (EN), Spanish (ES) and Esperanto (EO). Available games:  "tresfuentes" (ES + machine traslation for ES and EO) "vampiro" (ES + machine traslation for ES and EO) "texel" (under development: EO) Documentation (only in Spanish by now): Where: at What: 1) how to do a ludi game; 2) how to traslate a finished game; 3) internal stuff History: 2016-feb: domain was created 2015: alpha state: game demo "las tres fuentes" is presented in  xcomp3  (spanish competition for innovating text games) 2014: ludi as a